Thanks to someone who calls herself Maria, I now have a commenting policy. It’s a real shame, too, because amidst the blasphemy and name-calling she had some truly excellent points.
1. No anonymous comments. If you have something controversial to say, have the courage to be accountable.
2. If you do not leave an email address, I will assume you are unwilling to be accountable for your comment and will see no need to post it.
3. When commenting moderation is in effect, it is because of spam, not because I disagree with you.
4. The degree to which we disagree is not a factor in my decision to post your comment.
5. I welcome dissent when it is intelligent, thoughtful and honest.
6. I do not welcome personal insults, blasphemy, unsupported accusations or offensive language.
7. If you are beginning to slip into the abyss of religiously hostile madness, your comments will not be posted because someone has to preserve your dignity.
8. I am not obligated to provide you with an explanation as to why your comment was rejected.
9. This blog is not a democracy. It is a dictatorship and I am the dictator. If you want to run things, get your own blog.
10. While I am not an expert in much of anything, please, give me the benefit of the doubt that I have thought through the beliefs for which I stand. It is possible for a woman to use the intellect God gave her to come to these conclusions.
11. This comment policy does not apply to me. Ha ha!